Just moved the first load of studio gear from my storage unit to our new home on the barrier. At our new place we’ve got a neat studio space above the workshop with a great view of the bay. First job is to move the existing furniture and reassemble my workstation and rack. It’ll be good to have my Sequoia-based editing and mastering system up and running again. Power could be an issue but the quality of the Outback inverter is pretty good I think. That said I’ll probably get a UPS as well for when the generator is running.
Just upgraded to two 27in high resolution monitors. What bliss. I’ve mounted them vertically to minimise audio reflections/interference.
Updated Sequoia audio workstation software from 12.3 to 12.4. A bundle of useful fixes.
Just installed the latest Sequoia 12.3 software update. Looks to solve quite a few issues and has some bonus features for support contractor owners.
We have just added some new (second hand) Mytek converters into the studio to compliment our existing Mytek 8×192’s. Now we have an 8×96 DAC dedicated to surround monitoring; and a Stereo ADC on the output of the console.
Added a Logitek Tru-VU stereo meter to my output chain to give me VU and peak metering outside of the box.
Just implemented a set of Euphonix control surfaces in the studio and integrated with my Sequioa 12 audio workstation. Three MC Mix units gives me 24 channels of faders, an MC Control gives me and extra four faders; a whole range of soft keys and transport buttons; and an MC transport gives me a nice meaty jog wheel and programmable functions keys. I’ve integrated this nicely with Sequoia and this really speeds up my editing workflow.